UPDATED NOVEMBER, 2020
UPDATED NOVEMBER, 2020
TANNER LESLIE IS A GRAPHIC DESIGNER LIVING AND WORKING IN NEW YORK CITY.
THE STUDIO & PRACTICE OF TANNER LESLIE.
DISCOVERING NEW TIME TO BURN
- Saying goodbye to the MTA meant 450 extra minutes per week
- What do I do during this newfound time?
- Concept generation
- Newsletter creation and marketing
CAPTURING FIVE WEEKS IN HEAVEN
umbau vienna studio book
- Spend five weeks in a design capital of the world ✅
- Design a book that archives the experience 😅️
Over the course of several months, I endeavored to gather imagery, quotes, retellings, and sketches to accomplish the impossible: design a book that embodied an unbelievable experience.
BEER & SUSTAINABILITY BOUND TOGETHER
Aslan Brewing Sustainability Report
- Learn a brewery inside and out
- Study their practices and sustainability
- Cull the data and information
- Design & produce a sustainability report book
From studying Aslan’s B Corp certification to engineering the world’s first double-blind-flap™ book binding, this project challenged me in every way.
A MUSIC PLATFORM FOR MUSIC LOVERS
- Develop naming solutions and brand ethos
- Study market and target audience
- Design comprehensive brand asset package
- Prototype and scheme signage concepts
- Storyboard and edit a 20-second motion graphics ad spot
Tasked with concepting a brand from scratch, Temper is a music streaming and delivery platform for true music lovers.
watch the video
BRANDING AN ARCHITECTURE SCHOOL FOR RENEGADES
- Breath new life into a startup brand
- Develop a language and tone worthy of rule breakers
- Complete a comprehensive brand thesis
- Produce marketing materials and collateral
As Design Director for umbau inc., I had a unique opportunity to create a breakthrough visual language for a bold identity.
GIVING A VOICE TO OUTSPOKEN YOUTH
- Conceptualize and brand a platform for student activists
- Design logo, touchpoints, print collateral, and website
- Research and design activism custom data visualizations
- Deploy experimental marketing campaigns (i.e. unsanctioned projections on buildings)
CUSA (Coalition of Student Activists) is a non-profit organization which aims to empower young voices to create positive change safely and swiftly. We help to mobilize, organize, and protect student actvists.
REINVENTING AN ARTS MAGAZINE
- Rebrand and rename a literary & arts magazine
- Source content from local artists, designers, writers
- Design & layout 36-page publication
- Manage production process
Contexture was a proposed rebrand of existing literary & arts magazine, Gardyloo. It features works from several local artists, designers, writers, photographers, and more. Two artists also receive special profiles with bio inserts.
For professional inquiries regarding freelance work, speaking opportunities, etc: email@example.com
See more work ︎︎︎